Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In the desert where there is no rain...

17 Even so the faith, if it have no works, is dead in itself.

18 But some man might say, Thou hast the faith, and I have works: show me thy faith out of thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God: thou doest well: the devils also believe it, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou understand, O thou vain man, that the faith which is without works, is dead?


Just a little something to think about. I have been giving this a lot of thought lately. Feeling quite inadequate in my faith and walk, even wondering if I have either...really. If works are an outpouring and evidence of faith, mine has been lacking for quite some time. I am not equiped to debate the premiss of whether a person can loose their salvation. I do know for sure I was once strong and loved Christ with all my heart. These days it feels like there are many, many things that have pushed that love almost out of sight. It is still there, though. Enough to make me yearn for the closeness I once felt for my King. In those days, I would have jumped at the chance to serve and did when I was able. I spoke the word boldly (maybe too boldly at times) and strived for a life that was more evident of the person He had made me and the life He created within my soul. Now I am distant. It's like watching my life from the outside. I do not feel like what I am seeing is really me. I know there is so much more than just the mundane things that seem to weigh my heart down like lead. I can not seem to reconcile my current life with where I need to be. They both seem so far removed from each other, that the distance appears unachievable and the struggle to great for the strength I have left. I just want to be whole again, alive again, independant of my surrounding circumstances again ... a true disciple again.

No comments: